Monday, April 9, 2007

Monday Already?

What a great weekend--starting on Thursday! Met my uncle and aunts and cousins for lunch in a yummy restaurant and then we went to a museum--that startlingly--had something from one of my other aunts on display. Talk about a shock, seeing her name.

Then--off to the conference. Smoky Mountain Romance Writers put on a wonderful conference. They're clearly hard-working and such a welcoming group!

I had a blast with Brenda Mott and my editor. They're both funny and friendly women, riddled with interesting stories they're willing to tell! I don't remember when I've laughed so much. Saturday night we walked out into the freezing cold (which felt surprisingly refreshing with the threat of southern summer heat showing up eventually) and had dinner at an amazing Mexican/fusion restaurant. Pecan crusted salmon with a cream poblano sauce--that's how you spell heaven! :-)

Back to work now, but I'm refreshed and enthusiastic, can't wait to see those pages spinning by on the screen.

Oh--did I mention the books? I have several new ones to read. Shhh! Don't tell the beloved I may have done a little damage at the book store!

No comments: