Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Scenes and Sun

I'm writing a scene right now where the only sensible way I can get my hero and heroine together for a talk they need to have is on the phone. I do a lot of telephone scenes and I'd love to find a better way into this scene so I'm going to finish it but dig my way off that phone later.

What does that have to do with sun, you may ask? Well, it's sunny. Again. Most normal people welcome the sun. I realize that. We need sun. Yesterday, "they" were talking about hurricane predictions and I felt immediate alarm for those folks on the coasts who've surely suffered enough hurricane damage for one lifetime. (That said, I grew up in a 100-year-old house on the beach that never even lost a window to high winds in all those hurricane seasons. "They" really don't build houses like that any more, do they?)

But along with too many telephone scenes, I've suffered a surfeit of sun. I crave rain and clouds and thunder. Oh for some lightning. Wouldn't it all be too lovely to bear?

No comments: