Friday, October 24, 2008

Ohhhhh, a Rainy Friday


I love any rainy days, but Fridays... And the girl coming home, and the kitty having done well at his recheck--and graciously allowing me to keep all my digits. (That's him with the beloved--K is no doubt contemplating how best to take out the ceiling.)

Ahhhhhh. A good day.

What a sad thing to be a vet, though, if you love your patients. Our amazing doctor literally saved Kitty's life, and how does Kitty thank him? A multi-syllabic growl the second his hero pushed a hand his way. And then, in case anyone was in any doubt as to his feelings re medical care--he hissed at me (administerer of antibiotics).

Good thing Kitty is such a charmer when he's not destroying all about him with those eye-beams!

About writing--ignore the smooth transition--this has been an excellent month for education. I've been taking an online class with Allison Brennan and Patti Berg that has me second guessing, but in a good way. I'm going to treat myself to re-reading all the lectures tonight. And I belong to a loop called AskanAuthor (I think--can't get into that address when I'm working in this one), and CJ Lyons did the answering this past week. She explained The Hero's Journey and pinch points in a way that finally made me understand them. Even better, I can see how to use them. Amazing. In gratitude, I went to buy her book, Lifelines, but our B&N doesn't have it. I'll have the opportunity to check other stores this weekend, but I may have to order--which means I'll have to order enough to get free shipping. It's a vicious circle!

I love these times when I feel as if I'm actually absorbing, not just listening (reading the lectures, I should say). You can never learn enough!

Must go! Have a great weekend!

No comments: