Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thursday--Holiday's are a-Startin'


The holidays are starting because my girl's coming home. In an ideal world her brother would be here too. And her sister would be coming for at least a visit. But one of the offspring will be home for several weeks, starting today! Yay!

One member of our household will not be thrilled. When she's not here, her room belongs to Kitty. I'm not sure why, but the second she goes back to school, he hotfoots it up there and spreads his voluminous girth upon her bed. (That picture's obviously not Kitty spreading out, but one of the girl's friends made it for her, and it looks so funny, so I put it in.) But the second the girl comes home, the Kitty flees "his" room and becomes a couch ornament in the family room.

Rambling again, post-wise.

Today is also two of my brothers' birthdays. They're not twins. They were born a year and an hour apart in my family's tradition of hardly ever producing a child with his or her own birthday. (Another brother and I are two days--and four years--apart, and around our birthdays are two cousins, so that four of us celebrate four days in a row. Anyway, I must call the brothers.

Tonight, the girl and I are going for pizza and then walking the square because the lights and the deco are so beautiful. Hope you'll be enjoying some holiday cheer, too.

For now, I need to write so I'm not walking the square, thinking "I should have..."

1 comment:

Anna Adams said...

Susan, thanks for stopping by, and for your kind comments!

Nice to "meet" you!