Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Man from Her Past, Showing Up Any Day


Welcome back to Honesty! I'm starting to receive lovely letters about The Man from Her Past. A new book on the shelves is always exciting. I love this series, set in the small town of Honesty, VA. I hope that readers will enjoy it, too.

I've written a couple of series before, The Talbot Twins, set on a fictional island near Savannah, Georgia, and The Calvert Cousins, set in Bardill, Tennessee, another fictional town in the foothills of the Smokies. The thing I didn't consider was that I was going to run out of cousins and twins before I ran out of stories for these two settings. Hence, Honesty came to life.

When my son was little, we read a set of books about a community of foxes in a medieval English town. I loved the maps and the recurring characters and the life in those stories. That's what Honesty means to me--life going on in a town with real buildings and roads and people who know too much and care too much and love just enough! I hope you'll join me there.

No comments: