Friday, November 9, 2007

Another Day Off

Yesterday. I bought an amazing flash drive, though. That should count as work because I needed a newer, bigger one. :-)

But that's four days off now, Sven-wise. And I haven't been keeping exact word count because I started over with the wip after I finished the revision. Have you ever noticed that when you start over, things end up moving out? I mean, the scene on page 3 becomes a scene on page 293? Not that I'm near pg. 293 yet, but that kind of move often happens when I revise. Something that seemed vital to share at the beginning becomes part of a character's resolution at the end of the book.

I'm taking a class with Alicia Rasley, and it's making me think. She's an amazing teacher. Sometimes, I'm relieved to find I'm going in the right direction, and then sometimes I'm so excited to find a new idea that's just beet waiting out there.

So, no more days off for now. Gotta get back to work.

No comments: