Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Funny Review (ers)



What's up with reviewing a book you haven't read? I just found a review for Temporary Father. It's a good review, nicely written, and I appreciated the kind words, but it ends with something about readers being forced to suspend disbelief to accept that the hero, a business mogul also has time to be a model. It must come from a throwaway line early (first few pages) in the book that says something about the hero being on the covers of the biz mags so often his colleagues or the papers (can't remember which) mock about his being a cover model.

I never make my characters drop-dead gorgeous, but I gave this excellent and heroic guy a minor heart attack at 42 and wanted to make it up to him. Of course, the book's cover doesn't give away his gorgeousness either--but that actually is in the story! ;-)

No comments: