Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Is it Tuesday Already?

I'm working on galleys for my June book, Her Reason to Stay, and I'm still hard at the deadline for my November book, tentatively called Forbidden. I'm enjoying the holiday flourishes, there.

Back at the coffee shop today so I can post. Can't stay long. I'd love to finish the galleys in a hurry.

It's always a relief to read the story at this stage and find it sounds smooth. Although, there are always occasional mistakes that make me wonder how I missed them in all these reads.

It's a lovely day. The clouds are moving in. The courthouse is being dismantled so I'm a little distracted because I wonder what comes next with it.

I'm sitting in the front of the coffee shop and across the way in the fabric store, a vintage Singer sewing machine, complete with treadle and case is showing off quilt fabrics in the window. My mother made my school uniforms on one just like that when I was a little girl. I was so tall and skinny she had to make them. If the waste fit, the skirt was too short, and if the hem was right, the skirt fell to the floor. But Mom made them perfectly.

And I'd better get quit hanging around in the past and head back to my own what-comes-next!

No comments: