Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Unable to Sit Quietly

I didn't know I had this problem. My beloved gets antsy when he's at home two days in a row, but I love being home. It's my sanctuary--it's where my stuff is--favorite books, movies--snacks! ;-)

But I get antsy if I don't have something to do while I'm hanging around at home. I have about three books going at any time--one by my bed, one by my desk, one somewhere in the family room. I have crocheting (infant caps are amazing--they go so fast--and you get to feel all virtuous because they're going to a good cause), and always a notebook of some sort. Usually, the laptop is close at hand because I never know when I'll have to look something up on the Internet real quick (well, as quickly as our deplorable service works)!

I'm going to make myself sit quietly, doing nothing for a few minutes sometime today. I'll bet I'm not the only one who can't do it!

P.S. I've linked to a new site--my friend Elaine's blog on recovering after great loss. Not only is she an amazing and interesting person--whom I assume never sits still--she offers great resources, including her book, A Journey Well Taken: Life After Loss.

No comments: