Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday

Lots of things to love about Tuesday. For one thing, it's only 41 degrees outside, and the wind is really blowing. With a few gray clouds, it'd be a near perfect day. Also, The Mentalist is on tonight. Yay!

Here's my bad Tuesday problem. I'm lacking in writing inspiration. I've been so excited for several weeks about writing, but today I'm just tired. I want to be in the middle of a story I love, instead of wrestling conflict into proposals that are hammering me as hard as I'm banging at them. For how long?

Sometimes I feel as if I should just send them, but why put my editor through a pointless exercise? No conflict=no satisfying resolution=no story. I don't want that. I want a story I can be proud of, and this is just one of those bumps in the road every writer faces. Can't wait till the bump smooths out.

But just in case it doesn't, I'm going to take my own best writing advice. And keep writing.

No comments: